As a follow up to my longer discussion on Legacy a few months ago, I share some insights from a recent conversation with my attorney Andrew Howell on what is most important and big picture techniques to protect the people and resources most important in your life.
- The difficulty of guiding clients through a full estate planning process without professional advice.
- The importance of taking simple, inexpensive actions for estate planning and asset protection.
- Explanation of asset protection and its three purposes.
- The risk in operating businesses and the need for a legal box around it.
- The outside threat in asset protection and how to mitigate it.
- Explanation of estate planning and its two forms: revocable living trust and irrevocable trust.
- Irrevocable trusts and the care needed while setting it up.
- The importance of legacy and how it extends beyond the individual to their family’s values and ideals.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Connect with Gary Pinkerton
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.